Friday, December 22, 2006

Getting on

A good friend recently asked me how I felt about turning 41. Yes, I will turn 41 tomorrow. Some people get their mid-life crisis around this time, others want to deny the reality of their age. I consider myself fortunate that those who were my age when I was young, in fact still are... my age. If they would be, let's say, 20 years older to me simply because I stayed young, I would hav had something to worry about. I also consider it a privilege that my collegues in the studio who are 10-17 years younger to me, marvel that I still fool around with them as though I'm a 20 year old.

But yes, I do grow older, not younger. Does it bother me? Not in the least. For many years I've been waiting for God to change things in my life and recently things have started to change in a big way. I am looking forward to the years ahead. Let me grow older as long as I may be fruitful for God. The years pass by, whether I like it or not. If that be so, then let these years be spent for eternity. At the end of the day I want to be able to look back and say, I've won the race and completed my task. Lord, come and fill me with you Spirit and give me your vision so I can put my time to use for the enlargement of your Kingdom.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home